The Conference took place from 10- 12 October 2016, at the Hotel Medena in Trogir, Croatia.
The main topics of the Conference
1. Developing access to prevention and treatment of new and existing drug users
2. Prevention and treatment of addictive behaviors: gambling and ICT addictions
3. Towards coherent policies in the area of addictions – can we work together?
4. The concept of recovery – reducing social stigma and improving of treatment, rehabilitation and social reintegration of drug addicts
5. New approaches to rehabilitation and psychosocial treatment in therapeutic communities and associations – program standards and establishing a
network of therapeutic communities
6. Pharmacotherapy and psychosocial treatment in the prison system and probation – cooperation with bodies outside the judicial system
7. Treatment and psychosocial rehabilitation of women with addiction problems
8. Treatment of juveniles with addiction problems
9. Care for children of addicts – challenges of cooperation of different systems
10. Developing treatments for addicted persons with psychiatric comorbidity
11. Evaluation of treatment – key issues of treatment on which the evaluation can provide an answer
12. Local treatment policies – good practice examples of networking and collaboration among the different systems
13. Reducing mortality (overdose) and emergence of drug substitution therapy on the illegal drug market